Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is fundamental to the way we do business at First Nations Bank1. Our Privacy Code applies to personal customers, including individuals carrying on business alone or in partnership with other individuals and consists of five key principles:
- Collecting and Using Information - Either before or when we collect information about you, we will explain how we intend to use it. We will limit the information we collect to what we will need for those purposes. We will obtain your consent if we wish to use your information for any other purpose and before collecting information from third parties such as credit bureaus.
Your personal financial information is used to help us manage operations and risk within First Nations Bank. Your information is also used in order to meet valid information requests from regulatory and other organizations or individuals who are legally entitled to make such requests.
With your consent, we may share your information within First Nations Bank. This will help us serve you better and determine whether products or services that First Nations Bank offers are suitable for you, so that we can offer them to you. We want to serve you better and meet your customer service expectations. Agreeing to let us share your information within First Nations Bank helps us to meet this goal. Please note that health information that may have been provided in connection with an insurance product is never shared.
- Releasing Information - We may provide your information to other persons, but only:
- where we have your consent;
- to our suppliers or agents who assist us in serving you;
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law or applicable regulations; or
- where transfers of a business are involved.
- Protecting Information - We will protect your information with appropriate safeguards and security measures. We will retain your information only for the time it is required for the purposes we explain.
- Providing Information Access and Accuracy - We will give you access to the information we retain about you. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up to-date.
- Respecting and Responding to Your Privacy Concerns - We will explain your options of refusing or withdrawing consent to the collection, use and release of your information, and we will record and respect your choices. We will investigate and respond to your concerns about any aspect of our handling of your information.